Fort Wayne Indiana Dry Cleaning Blog Posts:
When it comes to improving the appearance and protecting the floors of your home, area rugs do just the trick. However, they can ultimately fail if they aren't protected from blemishes, spots, or taken care of. We're going to give you some excellent tips in regards to protecting your area rugs and how to keep them looking new (long after they've been purchased).
- Keep It Clean -Vacuuming the rug on a regular basis (at least two to three times a week) keeps the rug stain free and prevents wear and tear. In addition to vacuuming, make sure nobody is walking on the rug with their shoes on. Since taking off shoes is the norm in many households, following suit and keeping your area rug tread free shouldn't be a problem. If people feel the need to keep their shoes on in your home, placing a mat by the door lets them know that you want them to remove their shoes before entering.
- Keep Staining Substances/Pets Away -Make sure staining substances are far and away from your area rug. For example: If you have ink, bleach, or wine near your carpet, it's likely that it will stain or leave a spot if knocked over. If you happen to have a pet, they will easily leave a spot or destroy the rug if given the opportunity.
- Keep It Away From Direct Sunlight -A rug's color can fade if placed under direct sunlight for a long period of time. To avoid this kind of wear, rotate the rug so the sun doesn't have the opportunity to destroy a single area of the carpet.
- Utilize Underlays -An underlay helps prevent debris and dust from building up on your rug.
- Apply A Protectant - Applying a layer of protectant is the most important thing you can do to add longevity to your rug. Since the protectant materials bond well and act as a seal, it makes the surface resistant from just about every type of stain that could harm your rug. As there's several different types of stain protectant spray available on the market, it's important that you consult a rug professional beforehand to make sure you're applying the correct protectant to your rug.
Hire a Professional for Area Rug Cleaning in Fort Wayne
If your area rug does need to be cleaned, hiring a reputable and experienced company that offers area rug cleaning will give you the peace of mind in knowing your area rug is being properly cared for with the right products. Evergreen Dry Cleaning offers rug cleaning services in Fort Wayne, IN. With a little bit of care and effort, you can keep your area rug looking like-new! Contact us today to learn more about our area rug cleaning services .
Leather is a popular material used in clothing and fashion; people enjoy its luxurious feel, and it can be a great way to accessorize an outfit for a polished or even an edgy look. However, unlike more traditional materials such as cotton and polyester, leather tends to require a bit more care. By knowing how to properly care for leather clothing and accessories, you can keep yours looking great for years to come.
Don't Put It in the Dryer
Ideally, you should try not to expose your leather clothing to moisture. Of course, this isn't always practical. If you do happen to get caught in the rain in your favorite leather jacket, don't panic. When you get home, simply hang the jacket up and, if possible, turn on a fan in the room to circulate air, which will help to expedite the cleaning process. You might also consider hanging your leather clothing in front of an open window screen to help it dry.
Whatever you do, be sure not to use heat in an attempt to dry out leather. This includes using a hair dryer on your leather or placing it in a clothes dryer. Drying leather with heat will cause it to crack over time and should be avoided at all costs.
Spot-Clean as Needed
If you have dirt, debris, or other easy-to-remove material on your leather, this can typically be removed with a careful spot-cleaning. The best way to spot-clean leather is to use warm water and a soft, microfiber cloth to gently wipe away debris and dirt. For more stubborn debris, using a small amount of a gentle dish soap may be all that's needed. Just be sure to use gentle motions when cleaning leather, being especially careful not to scrub (this could lead to damage of the leather).
Hire a Professional for Cleaning and Conditioning
One of the best ways to keep your leather clothing looking its best is to simply hire a professional to clean it regularly. This is especially advised for larger pieces of leather clothing , such as jackets. Hiring a reputable and experienced company that offers leather cleaning in Ft. Wayne, IN will give you the peace of mind in knowing your leather is being properly cared for with the right products. These professionals can also condition worn or dry leather to restore its appearance and protect it from future damage.
With a little bit of care and effort, you can keep your leather clothing and accessories looking like-new and continue wearing them for many years to come!
Regardless if you want to keep it for sentimental reasons or want to pass it down to your child, preserving a wedding dress keeps the dress looking great no matter how old it may be. Thankfully, there's plenty of ways one can retain the look of their wedding dress without too much trouble (or hassle) on your end.
What Is Wedding Dress Preservation?
Wedding dress preservation is the process in which certain cleaning and packaging routines are used to retain the beauty of a wedding dress. Some individuals are willing to go as far as consulting a professional preservationist who will survey the materials, stains, and embellishments on the dress and make an assessment as to how to remove the stains (and keep the dress in excellent shape).
Easy Ways To Preserve Your Dress
Preserving a gown isn't as complex as would seem. However, it does take a tiny bit of know-how to keep the gown in excellent condition. Such actions you must take to keep it looking great include:
- Find A Preservationist -Finding a preservationist is incredibly important as they can give you a heads up in regards to keeping the gown looking great. Whether it be stains or sensitive fabric, they will tell you what precautions will need to be followed for gown preservation. Many times, your local dry cleaner will qualify!
- Get A Preservation Kit -Some companies offer mailing services in which an individual can mail in their gown and have a professional clean them. By using this option, you can avoid the chances of inadvertently damaging the gown if you're cleaning it on your own. Also, many of these preservation services offer insurance in the event something happens to the gown as it's being preserved or if something happens to it during transit.
- Cleaning On Your Own -Although sugar and white wine stains look nearly invisible after they happen, over time they can make sensitive white material turn yellow. The reason for this is due to the fact that the stains will oxidize and make small, seemingly harmless stains incredibly visible. So when cleaning the gown on your own, many have used the wet cleaning method in which the gown is washed with water by hand. If you don't feel confident cleaning the gown yourself, contact a gown preservationist or dry cleaner to seek resolution.