The "Big Bang"
Hi, my name is Dwane Bruick. I'm a dentist and own the building I practice in at 6400 Georgetown North Blvd. A dry cleaning business company had leased part of my building adjacent to the dental practice area for years. On a summer day in 2013 we heard a loud bang and minutes later a strange gas was permeating the air inside the dental office. We closed the dental practice for the rest of the day and I began investigating the problem. It turned out that an old perchlorethylene dry cleaning machine had ruptured and released the toxic solvent into the air. Immediately I closed down the cleaners and arranged for removal of their out-dated machine. From that point forward I took ownership of the business and replaced all the old equipment with new green equipment. I opened the business as everGreen Dry Cleaning. The explosion had a silver lining. The building, now, is environmentally safe for customers and employees and will be forever. Its hard to believe so many of these dangerous machines are still in service today. Shame on the companies that are using them!